Monday, September 1, 2008

Done!

I'm so happy to say that I'm officially done with:

* My girls baby books. Am I the only one that takes almost four years to complete them? I mean, it's ridiculous. I have to go in my computer and find a picture of her crawling. Another picture having her 1st bath. Her 1st Birthday. Her 1st. Her 1st. Her 1st. It has been tedious. But I am done. Truly done. Every single line filled out. This has been an ongoing project and I'm so happy to say that these little books (that took 4 years to complete) will be safely tucked away in their Memory boxes. Not to come out for years to come!

*Caught up on my pictures. And this is huge for ME. I literally take thousands of pictures. And they cost money to print. And I'm tedious about it. One picture for the "family"album, one picture for my girls album, and one for sissy's album. After all the printing and sorting, I have promised myself to upload and print each month. I even wrote it on my calendar each month! It will be easier on my budget and more manageable for me.

*All my pictures are backed-up and on CD's. They are labeled with the year on it and tucked away in a CD case. I had to go back to 2004 to start the process. (Have I mentioned all of this has been SOOOOOOOOOO time consuming?)

*All videos have been transferred to DVD. Nothing fancy. No music or no editing.I didn't have the time for it. Just transferred to DVD. I had them transferring in the middleof the night. During the day. Take my girl to preschool, stop by the house to transfer another one while running errands. You get the idea!

*Caught up on my Christmas album. Every year since 2004 is in there. Every Christmas card. Every Christmas letter. (Our Christmas cards and letters.) Pictures from every year. I also typed up what we did each year. This album sits out on our table or mantel every Christmas. It's a fun way to look back at our Christmas every year.

Whew! That was a lot of work. But let me tell you, I'm so glad I'm done. If you are behind, go for it and do it. You will find it so worth it when it is all finished.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I gave up on those about 3 months after I had Sohaila! :) Congrats! Where did you guys end up? H

JohnnaB said...

I'm so jealous...if I pay for a flight here, will you do mine for me??? ;)