Monday, September 1, 2008

A GREAT deal!

So, yes, I have officially fallen off the face of this earth. Not really. I just have been super busy with other things. My girl recently started Preschool so of course we did some back-to-school shopping. We were shopping at the mall and went into the Disney Store (something I rarely do). Ever since my girls have been born, I have refused to put them in "character related" clothing. Not sure what it is, but I just don't like it. Looking in their closet you wouldn't find a Winnie the Pooh outfit or a Disney shirt. In fact, nothing in their rooms is character related. No wall murals of Winne the Pooh. No ugly Disney quilts with Goofy on them. I just have never been fond of "that" style. Please don't think I'm above character clothing, it's just not my style. And I know that the day will come (it already has) where I have to buy my girls their Princess, Strawberry Shortcake and Hello Kitty shirts, I just wanted to keep it in control as long as I could. I'm just glad they are girls and like Hello Kitty and such. Some of the others, I would probably die, if I had to buy! YUCKKKKYYYY!!

Anyways, back to the story. So we were at the mall. In the famous Disney Store. My girls running around like crazy women do the day of a HUGE sale.We found these aqua-light-up Little Mermaid shoes. My girls said, "Please, please, Mama?" My first thought was, "no." Until I saw the $2.99 price tag. Then I thought again. Sure, why not? After all, they are only $2.99. So we proceeded to try them on. Turns out she is in-between sizes. One will only fit her for a bit longer and the other is way too big fo now. So what do I do, buy both pairs, a pair for Sissy and call my girlfriend Lindsay as I know her daughter would want a pair too. So after my GREAT deal, we all left the store happy. And I might just visit that Disney Store again one day.

And please reassure me that I'm not the only one who doesn't care for character clothing. And I'm not the only one who has given up on the battle of character clothing.

UPDATE- one thing I forgot to mention. Since I'm not a fan of character clothing, I have always allowed my girls to wear character jammies and dress jammies to bed. They can pick. Princess, Barbie, Hello Kitty, Strawberry Shortcake, whatever they want. I think I can do that!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always HATED character clothing, bedding, etc. Stuffed animals I can kind of handle, but besides that, no thanks. I don't know why I never liked it? But then again, I don't really like Disneyland! Go figure? It must be my Hawaiian roots!