Thursday, July 24, 2008

Did you know about "Best Friends Day?"

I sure didn't. Well, according to my girl, it is "Best Friends Day." She is running around the house shouting, "Happy Best Friends Day." And of course she is also shouting, "Sissy is my best friend." And she is getting Sissy to join in. Sissy is running around the house mimicking my girl in her two-year-old language saying, "Happy Best Friends Day Evertbody." It is so amazing to sit back and see their bond. This is all they have known. Eachother. My girl was 15 months old when Sissy was born. And Sissy is all she can remember. She won't ever remember NOT having a sister. And I love that. Yes, they do have their fights. And we have the occasional hair pullin' times. But more times than not, they are running around holding hands with not a care in the world. And I hope they will always have this special bond. A bond that only sisters share.

No comments: