Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Especially Easy & Exciting Entertaining








One thing about me is that I love entertaining. I love themed party ideas. Whether it's a simple outdoor BBQ (or "cookout" for you southerners) or a planned dinner party, I love having a party. I usually coordinate the theme to match the season. That is what I like to do. For this Fourth of July we had some friends over for a BBQ, pool time and for some fireworks.
I love doing appetizers. And who doesn't like appetizers? I think they are essential. Especially if you have kids.
Here is the rundown on the 4th's Apps:
* Deviled Eggs, Candied Coated Pretzel Sticks, Cantaloupe Fruit Wedges (these are super Kid-Friendly and fun), Crusty Parmesan and Artichoke dip, and many, many other fun small snacks.
Dinner on the grill was:
* Mini Burgers and all the fixings. Potato Salad, Crunchy Broccoli Salad, Tater Tots (fun for the kids) and Corn on the Cobb.
Dessert was:
*Velvet Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting topped with Americana Jimmies (the girls had fun with these.) And of course we sang "Happy Birthday to Amercia."
Sipping (a must have at any party):
Beer for the boys. Raspberry Spritzers for the ladies. And Raspberry Rumble for the kiddos.
Here's to some easy entertaining! Cheers!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Amy, How do you make those cantelope wedges? Cut it in half and take out the seeds and fill with jello (flavor?) and what fruit and let it set? and then cut it? It looks cute! Doesn't seem like it would stick? And what do you use to candy your pretzels to make sprinkles stick?

Amy said...

ashley,
yep, you are right. cut the cantaloupe in half. put in any type of fruit. i used fruit cocktail since it is cut up small for the kids and fits inside nicely. pour in jello (hot). i used raspeberry. chill and let set in fridge for at least two hours. then cut the halves up into fours.
for the pretzel sticks. i use chocolate/white choc candy squares. melt in micro and then roll pretzel in candy and top with any type of candy or jimmies. let set on counter (depending the heat of your house) or on wax paper in freezer. then enjoy. yummy!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Aim! I love the cantaloupe idea! I've never heard of that before. Sounds like a fun day! :)

Mindy said...

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy! I want to try to make the cantelope wedges! Those look so cute and yummy!!!