Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Why do they even mess with this Cali girl???

A few minutes ago as my girls and I were finishing up lunch, our tornado sirens in our neighborhood started going off. I look around at the sky and think, "are you serious?" It is blue skies outside. Not one dark cloud in the sky. But then I remember. I remember the last tornado that came by (our first!) and we were playing out in the cul de' sac. The girls were riding their bikes. Then the siren goes off. Blue skies. But one side of the sky was pretty dark. So today I'm thinking, "hmmmm.....is this for real or what?" I go outside and my neighbor was in his yard and I ask, "are those the sirens?" He says, "Yes." And we both just shake our head and wonder. I turn on the TV. Nothing. No beeping like we have heard before. Nothing. No storm warning. Nothing. So after 45 minutes of nothing, I'm beginning to think it was just nothing. Maybe it was a test. But if it was a test, why wouldn't they notify us? Well maybe because anyone but me would know it was just nothing if you look up into the sky. But I am not fond of those sirens. And when I here them I literally freak out. I call my husband in a panic. I start planning my move back to Cali (mom, I know you would be happy to hear that!) :). I just freak out! I look around at all myneighbors and they are just going about their business. Going for walks. Grillin' on the deck. Playing at the park. Just being normal (unlike me). So I guess I will just go about my business and in the mean time, try to freak out less.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hey!! It's Amber. Ashley had told me that you had a blog on here and it's so funny that I came across it when you posted this one on there. We get the tornado sirens around here too and I hate them and freak out too! I can't believe how big the girls are getting. Come check out our blog at The Mann Fam on Ashleys page. Good the see you guys are doing good in GA.