Monday, June 30, 2008

My Baptism



Last night was the night. The night I was Baptized. And I have to say that it felt great. And the more and more I think about it, I thank my mom and dad. Why do I thank them? I thank them because they let it be MY decision. Not THEIR decision. They didn't baptize me when I was a baby. The decision was left up to me. And I feel that it has more significance in MY life because it was MY decision. Unlike some other faiths, we as Christians get baptized after salvation. And you have to understand what salvation is and means. And as babies we just don't understand that quite yet. Obviously there were no babies at my baptism. We believe in full immersion (under the water). But there were people of all ages. And I loved that. There were kids who were 6 and 7 years old. Adults who were in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's and even 60's. I just relished the fact that in all these generations of people, all these people were coming to be baptized. Everyone was there out of love. Everyone had a different story. But we all had the same story. We all love Jesus and want to have that personal relationship with Him. And that's what it is all about. Our relationship with Him.
Sunday, June 29, 2008. It was a special day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I heard the news, I started tearing up. I'm so happy that you made this life changing decision. What a beautiful testimony. "May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul, and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:23
I love you sweetie. I've never been happier for you.
K~