Monday, June 23, 2008

A Broken Shoe and a Grumpy Dry Cleaner,etc.,etc., etc.

Let me tell you about my day. It was been quite an ordeal and it's only begun.

1.) Sissy still woke up sick this morning. Wants nothing to do with me. Only wants "Daddddddddddddddddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" And is letting everyone in the
neighborhood know it.

2.) Walking into Walmart my shoe (a pair of thongs) broke. YES. What timing. So my options:
Go into the store and buy some new ones OR Go home and change shoes (If you know me, this wans't happening. Once we are gone. We are gone. Too much work getting two kids in and out of the carseats and all the drama in between) OR Continue walking into Walmart and do shopping with a broken thong. Drum roll please..................... I chose the last one. Why? I have no idea. Maybe because I'm crazy and I like to make everything I do difficult. I don't need another pair of thongs. Even when they are only $2.00. I don't want them in my closet. I like my ROXY thongs. Thank you very much. I know, I know. I'm a thong snob! :)

3.) The dry cleaner lady. WOW. First thing- Everyone I have met in Georgia has been nothing but nice, warm and welcoming. Not the dry cleaner lady. And I have used this place since we have moved here. She has been rude a couple of times and I just thought "maybe she is having a bad day" or is hating her job as the "dry cleaning lady." Well, today proved that she is just a disgruntled I-hate-my-life person. This place is right by our house and has a drive-thru. Key when you have kids. Today as I drive up, I give her my ticket. She brings out the clothes and I give her my debit card. She looks in the back seat and says "oh, there are babies back there." And I say "yeah, can you just put them right here (motioning to the passenger side where she can hang them." As she is walking over there she says, ".....that was rude to ask me to hang them there!" Ok, so my first thought is, "well, this is kind of your job and that is rude to even make a comment." I picked up about 19 pieces of clothing (my man's stuff, which is heavier than womans stuff) and there is no way for me to hold that stuff and hang it up on the passenger side of the car.....unless I get out of the car. So anyways, I wasn't going to just "let go" (which I probably should have) of her comment and I said something like," we just moved here and I'm sorry but I was just used to having the girl hang them wherever there was space and they were a bit heavy to lift while sitting in the car." And she said, "yeah they are heavy to walk to the car." Are you kidding me.....This is YOUR job and I'm paying YOU for YOUR service. So to say the least, I will be happily finding me a new dry cleaning lady. And I'm sure all my neighbors and friends will be finding a new one too! :)

4.) Sissy's short nap. Enough said about this one. You all know what kind of night I am in for.

5.) My husband forgetting to hook up the DVD player in the family room. I rented Bucket List from the $1.oo rentals and want to watch it. Sure we have a DVD player in the playroom, but sitting in the girls pink (child size) chairs, doesn't sound so comfy to me.

6.) My beloved MAC studio fix is a shade too dark. Looked great at Nordstroms, not so great in my bathroom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you're back! This post cracked me up!! I can just picture you at Wal-Mart with your shoe flopping!! Too funny!! I'm glad you're liking Georgia...and I'm glad you haven't been in anymore tornadoes. :)
Miss you!!!
Kelly