Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"Mommy. Mommy. I have something to tell you."

As many of you know, my girl is a talker. She loves to talk to anybody and anybody is literally her friend. This morning at breakfast she is "chatty kathy " as usual and asking 101 questions. Why this and why that and I want to do that and this and that and this. Then she says, "Mommy. Mommy. (trying to get my attention) I have something to tell you." I say, "Yes, baby." She says, "Do you know that I love you?" I say, "I know you do and I love you too." Then she says, "...but, but, but Mommy. Do you know HOW much I love you? I need you to know. I just love you." I think to myself, "she is listening." These are the words I speak to her daily and now she is forming those words to show her love to me. I love it. While she is talking A LOT. She is listening too. And I'm so glad.

Here's to a happy day!

No comments: